Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Chess Set.

A while back, I posted this doodle of a chess design:


Well, lately I've been trying to broaden my horizons artistically and decided to try my hand at sculpting and this is the result:


Here's my chess set. It took two days to make from start to finish, which was much shorter than I had expected. They started out looking like this:




After which, I drew the checkers and stripes on.

 Here are the kings standing side by side. I wanted to keep that Alice-In-Wonderland kind of feel and so they don't match exactly and feel kind of skewed. It's also hard to tell in the pictures, but they are pretty sturdy and feel like ceramic. They're not gummy or pliable at all.



Here are the queens together. I made them hearts and diamonds to be reminiscent of a deck of cards.




For the bishops, I wanted them to resemble actual Bishop hats. Here's the result:





Here are the knights:




And the rooks:


And finally the pawns are just little tiny:



So... there you have it.




If you're interested in buying a set, email me at jordynashli@gmail.com.
To get daily updates, like my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers