Thursday, December 8, 2011

Birthday, Scrooge, Tablet.

So I've been working on several projects lately but I thought I'd update a little bit because on my birthday I got a graphics tablet. I'm sorry if you don't know what a graphics tablet is because the only way I can describe it is by saying it's magical. Through it, I can draw directly onto the computer, with magic. It's lovely.

I just finished reading Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, which is one of my favorites (I ALSO just finished William Shatner's Shatner Rules and it is quite possibly my new favorite). If you haven't read it (Christmas Carol, not Shatner Rules), you should go find yourself a copy right now because it's the Christmas season (well... I guess it applies to both books). Also, unlike most classics it's VERY easy to understand and is very short.

So, inspired by the story of Scrooge and with stylus in hand, I created this for you to enjoy:


I know you're thinking it's sort of crappy looking, but I like it and I don't even care what you say. I was using lots of fancy things like gradients and filters and giving it a background and making the lettering look nice and using lots of colors and textures, but this is the final product and this is what I like.... except maybe that it looks like it says 'caroe' instead of 'carol.' Hmmmmm.....

If you don't get it, I'll explain: the candle represents the first ghost, who is described as being very candle-like and even have a snuffer as a hat. The second is the torch that the Ghost of Christmas Present uses to spread Christmas Cheer. You know what... I wish I had one of those torches. And the third represents the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come because electric Christmas lights weren't around in Dickensian England. Within the story, they're a thing of the future. 

Anyway, I like the graphics tablet LOTS and that's all I have to say about it. 

THE END.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers