Saturday, October 22, 2011

Not A Fog Bubbler.

All I ask is... like and share. :)

Here I said my next post would be directions to make a homemade fog bubbler. I lied.

Okay, let's talk. Let's talk about a little show from across the pond called Doctor Who. Maybe you've heard of  it. Maybe you haven't. Here is a brief explanation:

The Doctor is the last of the Time Lords. He travels through time and space with one or more companions. He has the ability to regenerate which means that every couple of seasons The Doctor is replaced by another actor. My favorite Doctor of all time (ALL TIME) is David Tennant. I love him. I love David Tennant. I love him. But he's been replaced now with Matt Smith, who is... I don't like him.

Anyway, The Doctor travels in a funny little spaceship called a TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimensions In Space). It looks like this:

Also, that's David Tennant. In the 1950's these kinds of phone boxes were all over the place in England. There was a phone on the front of each one with a direct line to the police and you could perform a citizen's arrest and keep the bad guys inside the box. It's explained that the TARDIS has the ability to camouflage itself as whatever it needs to for whenever/wherever it lands. Only it got stuck as a police box when they landed in the 50's. The Doctor claims he could fix it if he wanted, but he thinks it looks retro and cool the way it is (and I agree). 

Anyway, did I mention I love Doctor Who? Even though it's silly? Even though the special effects are really terrible? Even though the plots are mediocre?

Guess what I did.

I painted my bedroom door as a TARDIS.

You're jealous. I can feel it.









It turned out wonderfully, I think, and now I can pretend I am a time lord whenever I leave my room and say things like "timey-wimey, wibbly-wobbly... stuff."

So what if I'm a geek? Don't be rude.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers